Welcome to Transition Harrisburg! We are working to create a more sustainable, resilient and livable community... one person at a time. Join us!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

POSTPONED! Please see his latest email below:

From Peter:

All,

I have been talking to some people around the state and several of them have convinced me to wait until next week to ride to Harrisburg for the protest regarding gas and state forests. The hope is it will maximize organization.


Ed Perry of the NWF and Dave Masur have helped me contact more people and get a slightly more coordinated timeline. Though I feel that this needs to happen ASAP, a bit more coordination could result in a better press and
government impact. I apologize for the delay. I can't state what day it will be right now but as soon as I know, you will know too.


Much thanks for your patience and your support! I look forward to seeing those of you who can come.


Peter Buckland



.........................


From: Peter Dawson Buckland <pdb118@PSU.EDU>
Date: February 24, 2011 11:31:45 PM EST

Subject: [ACTNET-FRAC-NEWS] Not just Marcellus. It's beyond Marcellus.

Reply-To: Peter Dawson Buckland <pdb118@PSU.EDU>

All,

I want you to know that I am going next Thursday to Harrisburg to speak to Governor Corbett about opening up State Forest Land to Natural Gas Drilling.

JOIN ME!!!

I am tired of this. Beneath the Marcellus Shale is the Utica Shale on which my beloved home, the Rothrock State Forest rests. My heart, my family, the breath of our air has been compromised in Moshannon and Tioga and Sprowl and Forbes and Bald Eagle and Allegheny enough. This boy who has ridden and loved these forests can't take it anymore.

So if you'd care to join me, please do. Next Thursday we will be going to the Governor's Office. Not just the Capitol Building. We are going to the office and we are going to talk to him about this because it's too much. The water. Traffic. Noise. Deer killed. Fish kills. Price gouging. Market manipulations. Campaign rigging and contributions.

To prove the point, I will be riding my bike from my house in State College starting at about 4 am and arriving there in the late morning. No fossil fuels. I will have a prepared letter for the governor. Until he meets with me/us, I will not leave.

Others are coming. Maybe just my wife. But I want YOU to join me! Tomorrow I am calling everyone I can to get us together to fight this thing.

What do you say?

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment